Thursday, February 25, 2010

The most expensive apricot I've ever bought


So, after a long, long hiatus, I've decided that I should really start blogging again. So here goes.

Today is thursday. Which means, the biggest supermarket (that's the closest to campus), IGA, gets their weekly shipment. Thus, an on rush of students are going to IGA to, well, buy out the entire store. I've literally not seen milk for the better part of a month, until I decided to start shopping on thursdays.

As Grenada is an island, it means most, if not all food are imported, especially when you want to eat processed food that is so readily available back at home. And, I also like a bigger selection of fruits, besides the standard mango, starfruit etc. And, alas, this brings me to my point. I've bought the most expensive apricot in my life. @ ~$48ECD per pound, my tiny little apricot came to a whopping $11ECDs. Yep, I spend close to $5CDN on a fruit.

What has this taught me?

I have expensive tastes.

1 comment:

Le said...

this means that you didn't do your math before paying for that apricot! This should have taught you to do your math!:)But it's true that you have expensive taste...Although it doesn't explain me...Oops, i dissed myself again!